Tilt-wing Quadcopter

wip
blender

(Pauljs75) #1

Seems like a pretty obvious concept based around existing RC drones. Replace the rotor booms with actuated tilting winglets so they provide lift and control. That way it's possible all the power from the motors can then be used for forward flight.

Tilt-Wing Quad (WIP) by pauljs75 on Sketchfab

Although I consider mesh done, it's WIP because I'm trying to figure out what to do with the texture. So far I'm thinking of doing this "Xtreme FPV-Racing" thing. My texturing skills need work, so that's where I'm going to have to put in more effort. And is it too funky, or not funky enough?

(Pauljs75) #2

I seem to be running into a problem where if I upload new textures with the same name I end up with duplicates instead of having the old textures replaced. If I delete the textures, it doesn't seem to let me upload new ones with the old name. Doesn't seem too obvious what's going on from the site UI, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I do want to update it though, as I have a few tweaks in mind.

Hi,

We don't delete/overwrite textures with the same name, unless you're using Re-Upload. We'll just keep both.

I also couldn't reproduce the issue "doesn't seem to let me upload new ones with the old name". Can you try deleting, Saving, Refreshing, then uploading again?

Is there any error message?

(Pauljs75) #4

There needs to be some way to flag textures for quick and easy replacement, without having to do all the other steps of re-buliding materials. (Texture management needs a replace button on each texture that then opens a file browser.) It's definitely a problem when trying to update things and the itty-bitty thumbnails look almost the same. And I'd be willing to bet it's not just me that would like this. :wink:

You can drag and drop files into specific texture slots.