Timeless3D - 3D Photography

(Timeless3d) #1

Hello all,

I first learned about 3D scanning last July, and I've been delving into it with the purpose of eventually being able to create beautiful interactive 3d photographs, that takes in account of things like composition, background, field of view.

Sketchfab has been fabulous in that regard with it's extensive 3d settings and tools (I would love it if you guys were planning on someday implimenting depth of field and different framing dimensions).

It's been a difficult challenge since, I don't have much prior experience in 3d, and there are so many steps in the process that can make it less than photograph quality, but here are some of the stuff that I've been able to acheive:

Vietnam by Timeless3D on Sketchfab

Ifat in Tree by Timeless3D on Sketchfab

(Timeless3d) #2

Finally I've finished the last of the scans I did before I bought my 3d scanner. A tip for anyone interested in photogammetry: Do not try capturing people unless you have a 3d scanner, or 30+ synced cameras, it's not worth it. This was only one from that photoshoot that I was able to add lighting to without making her look like she was made out of playdough. (She still kinda looks like playdough)

Also this was my first test in glowing effects:

Miko by Timeless3D on Sketchfab

(Zhangyingzhuangk) #3

Nice job,looking forward more to come.ps,Could you find some other models not that ugly?

(Bart) #4

I suspect there's a language issue here, but please do try to be more respectful of other artists!

(Timeless3d) #5

I've noticed that showing things in 3D is still a bit new for most people, so I've changed the way I'm going about this and using 3D to make awesome 2D images, and I'll give a go as a 2D photographer using photogammetry and 3D scanning to have full control over 2D images.

here is some lighting practice:

(Timeless3d) #6

btw being able to save these lighting settings, change them, and then come back to them latter would save me a lot of time

(Arta82359) #7

Very interesting topic! It seems many of you are engaged in photography. Recently I found these photoshop manipulation ideas http://weedit.photos/2017/photo-manipulation-photoshop/ Are these good tips for beginners?