Trench Run in ultra lowpoly

(Brandon Nobbs) #1

You know what this sounds like fun! I never do these types of things, but its SW so why not!

I'm going to do the Trench Run but in an ultra minimalist low poly style.

(Bart) #2

Cool, welcome on board! I've just added one month of Sketchfab PRO to your account so you can use more annotations and upload larger files. Enjoy :smile:

(Brandon Nobbs) #3

Thanks!

So is there any way to set a texture to not filter? NM found it right after posted.

Ok Tie Fighters are done.

Tie Fighters by brandonnobbs on Sketchfab

(Bart) #4

I fixed your embed (don't use the shortcodes, just the regular URL). Looking good!

(Xavi H. Oromí) #5

Good looking style! looking forward to see more updates! :relaxed:

(Brandon Nobbs) #6

Thanks! Here is another small update.

Rebles Vs Tie Fighters by brandonnobbs on Sketchfab

(Romainrevert) #7

Nice models and explosions ! What is your plan in term of staging ? I mean do you plan to do the exact same scene from the movie or add something else ?

(Brandon Nobbs) #8

I was thinking of doing the full scene. So the trench, with a good amount around it to show some of the other parts of that battle while Luke is taking the shot.

(Bart) #9

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!

(Brandon Nobbs) #10

Lost power, for a few days but back to work! Here is my small update.

(Brandon Nobbs) #11

Update, its getting closer to being done!

Trench Run WIP by brandonnobbs on Sketchfab

(Brandon Nobbs) #12

Another update! Now with annotations and proper scene depictions.

Trench Run by brandonnobbs on Sketchfab

(Brandon Nobbs) #13

I did a few tweeks but i'm calling it done.

(Bloecher) #14

low poly is nice, i like the shape of the explosions!

(Brandon Nobbs) #15

Thanks, figuring out an explosion style that fits the rest was oddly easier than I had expected! There are a few others ways I'd try if going it again, but it works well so it gets to stay.

(Brandon Nobbs) #16

@bartv Anyway to get realtime reflections of objects in a scene? Just looking for planer reflections of objects.

(Brandon Nobbs) #17

Doing it this way seems so wrong...

Hanger WIP by brandonnobbs on Sketchfab

(Bart) #18

Yep, that's the only way for the time being..

(Gary Phelps) #19

That is actually pretty cool! Sure, at close inspection, or moving below the floor with the camera, shows its not an actual reflection. However, in the realm of film and special effects, it is largely an illusion that we see anyhow. I think its a creative way around it all so GJ!

(Brandon Nobbs) #20

Thanks, any idea if there is a plan to do it someday? I'll adjust the scene to remove the lowered platform to hide the issues it points out.