Trouble uploading 3d max model

(Seguradojesus) #1

Hello friends. First my apologies because my English is not very good.
My problem is that when I upload a model with max exporter 3DE always gives me error. I have tried in many ways I have even reduced objects scene to one with a texture made with unwrap modifier and also gives me error. But if I create a new one, for example two objects and put a textura if I can uploading. I don´t understand nothing.If anyone can help me I would appreciate because it is a job oara college and I have to deliver this week. Thank you

(Simon Kratz) #2

Hi there and no worries! :slight_smile:
Can you tell us the exact error you get? Sometimes max tells you errors like "dynamic gradients can't be exported" which aren't much of a problem actually.
And do you use manual upload or the Sketchfab 3ds max plugin?

(Seguradojesus) #3

Hi friend. I'm sorry, but I could not answer before. The problem I have is that using the exporter pluguin 3d max, because I´m doing some tests, sometimes when I want upload my model, the program gives me an error and Ican´t do it. I've noticed that if I open a new document e import my model to the new scene, I can upload my model without problem. I don´t know why this, but so I have solving the problem.

(Seguradojesus) #4

Now I have a new problem about resolutions, because I have finished the model, the texture have a resolution of 2048 px (resolution when I saved my texture after to use the modifier unwrap uvw in 3d max) and my model is not very good when I see it in sketchfab.
When I rendering one texture with the program 3d max, the texture is ok, but in the viewport of sketchfab is not good. I don´t know this happens. I you can help me, I would appreciate it

(Hiralpatel) #5

Hey friend,
If it is possible kindly upload any screen shot, so we came to know the exact problem. Use 3D max plugin, it will make your job easier.

(Seguradojesus) #6

Hi friend,
It´s really sorry. Here you are my model, and I use 3D max pluguin. https://skfb.ly/SvqT
Thank you very much

(Waleguene) #7

Hi @seguradojesus,

The 3dsmax exporter has an option to bake lighting (under the tab "Light, bake, uvw"). It it's enabled with the second option "Auto unwrap objects", the exporter will perform a new unwrap on the whole scene, defined by the folowing "Density" parameter.

I suspect that these options are enabled so the exporter performs a new unwrap, with parameters that makes the output with lower quality textures.

Could you try again after having checked that these options are disabled ? It should fix your issue :slight_smile:

I would also be interested by any screenshot or messages about the errors you mentionned, so that we can investigate and spot potential issues :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!