Twitter not showing preview/embed for this specific model

Hi everyone.
I tried posting my new 3D model (Hololive Mori Calliope - Download Free 3D model by lexferreira89 (@lexferreira89) [0319bab] - Sketchfab) on my Twitter account (https://twitter.com/lexferreira89/status/1356554969219031041) but it’s not showing the preview/embed thingie like it usually does. Is this a problem from Sketchfab’s side, or from Twitter’s side, or should I wait a few hours and try to post again?

Hi there - unfortunately we generally don’t have any control over how embeds work on other platforms…

This tweet has an embed and was posted in the last 2 hours.

If you get it to work can you let us know? Thanks!

It still doesn’t show the embed for this model.
I tried tweeting other models and it works, but this specific model (Hololive Mori Calliope - Download Free 3D model by lexferreira89 (@lexferreira89) [0319bab] - Sketchfab) shows no embed on Twitter.
And I just noticed it also doesn’t show the correct preview image on Patreon.
I had posted it on Patreon yesterday (https://patreon.com/posts/47013901) but the preview just shows a grey background with Sketchfab’s logo, while other posts with other models show a preview of the 3D model. So maybe there’s something wrong with this specific model???

This may not change anything, but have you tried editing your Patreon page, removing the link, and then re-adding it? It could also make a difference whether you’re pasting the long URL or the short URL.

Beyond that, I think that what @nebulousflynn said is probably the case: we generally don’t have any control over how embeds work on other platforms

@lexferreira89 I’m continuing to look into this - I am getting very sporadic success results (a review being loaded in Twitter using Chrome in Windows 10) when I test different model links…

Hi, this happened again with this model: Takanashi Kiara - Download Free 3D model by lexferreira89 (@lexferreira89) [d00d4ef] - Sketchfab
Again Twitter doesn’t show the embed, and in Patreon the preview image is just a grey background with Sketchfab’s logo.

This model and the one from last week, both of which don’t work in Twitter, have PNG textures with transparency and in the material settings the transparency mode is the first one (blending). I think this are the only models I made using PNG with transparency, and this transparency mode (blending) in the material settings. Maybe that’s what’s causing the problem?

EDIT: I changed one model’s transparency mode to “mask” and the other to “dithered”, but the embed is still not appearing on Twitter.

Hi -

The latest from our developers 4 days ago:

this should now be solved ; at least for new models and until twitter clears its caches for current ones

It may be that your model was processed before the fix went live and/or the old metadata is being used by Twitter (unfortunately we can’t do anything about this)

2 Likes

Thank you, my models’ previews are now visible on Twitter.

1 Like