Unity to sketchfab - animations not exporting

(Nickholl) #1

Hi

When exporting my object from unity, the animations aren't being exported - is there anything I need to be aware of to get it working? Ive got an animator attached to the root

may thanks!
Nick

(Waleguene) #3

Hi @nickholl,

Which type or animation are you using ?

If it's set to Humanoid and uses an Avatar object, it will not be exported. This is something that the exporter doesn"t support right now.

Otherwise, if you are using Generic or Legacy animations, it's an issue and in this case I would need some details:
How did you setup the clips in the animator object ?

Thanks,

(Nickholl) #4

Hi, yes its using Generic. Ive attached some screenshots that hopefully clarify things.

The up/down positional motion is exporting ok, but none of the rotational animations are getting exported

thanks for your help!
N

(Waleguene) #5

Ok thanks.

So it's an issue.
Could you link me to the Sketchfab model in a first time ? I can start to debug on it.
Note that animation is still in beta, but we are still working on it.

Sorry for the issue, and thanks for reporting, it helps us to improve it :slight_smile:

(Nickholl) #6

thanks - I'm going to have another attempt at exporting this evening and will send you the skethfab model then (are you able to access my private models? As id rather not make it public before it works :slight_smile: )

Yes, you can even keep it as a Draft.

(Nickholl) #8

cool - thanks

(Nickholl) #9

Hi, I had another try, but still no luck :(. The positional animation is still the only one thats working. You can find the model here...

thanks again

(Polyunit) #10

We are having the same problem!! Any updates on solution?

(Waleguene) #11

Hi,

@nickholl, @polyunit I would need a very small sample (unityPackage) reproducing this issue to debug. It could be nice if one of you had such sample and send it to me ?

Thanks!

(Polyunit) #12

Hi @waleguene, I'm attaching a test project were a bus makes a turn. When we press play in the scene, the bus turns normally, however when we upload the scene to sketchfab the bus does not rotate

Thanks for your help!

TestProject.zip (912.8 KB)

(Polyunit) #13

@waleguene I forgot to mention that the project was made in Unity 5.5.2f1 and Sketchfab uploader extension was not uploaded with the project to minimize size of the file

Thanks again for your time!

(Polyunit) #14

Any updates?

(Waleguene) #15

Thanks a lot @polyunit,

I just took a look, the sample is really simple and helps to reproduce and debug the issue. The rotation animation is lost during the export, and it will be easy to debug and provide a fix.
I'm currently busy but I will go back to it asap.

Thanks!

(Nickholl) #16

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

(Polyunit) #17

Thank you @waleguene, please let us know if you need anything else

(Polyunit) #18

Did you find anything @waleguene? =)

(Waleguene) #19

@polyunit I found the cause of the issue but as I was working on something else until today, there is still no fix.

A new release should be pushed soon so it will be ok in a few days :slight_smile:
I'll keep you in touch!

Thanks again for the sample

(Polyunit) #20

Hi @waleguene, any news? :slight_smile:

(Waleguene) #21

Hi @polyunit,

The release has been delayed, but I'm back on this part now so it should not take another 20 days delay. Maybe today :slight_smile:
Sorry for that,