Upload Error 13 - The file is invalid

upload
3d

(Opuspix4d) #1

Hi there

Does anyone know what this error means?

AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE CONVERTING YOUR MODEL
The file is invalid (Error 13). Please check the file or use an exporter to ensure compatibility.

It was an OBJ exported from Pix4D Mapper version 2.0.77. I have uploaded other models from this software version successfully.

Cheers
Caleb

Hi Caleb,

That means we didn't find any data to process. Could you send me the files? support@sketchfab.com

Thanks,
James

(Opuspix4d) #3

We were trying to upload the files in Internet Explorer (by mistake) but then the files worked fine in Google Chrome.

(Neuromancer Mad) #4

I have the same problem. After uploading I get this message:

AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE CONVERTING YOUR MODELThe file is invalid (Error 13). Please check the file or use an exporter to ensure compatibility.

I´ve tried in firefox, edge and chrome with the same result.

Also trying directly from modo I get a Error 400. Al faces are triangles. Any Advice?

Regards

Diego

(Neuromancer Mad) #5

Well, solved it seems to exceed the maximun size despite the modo file has 18mb and textures 15 mb. Now works. Now i´ve to try the animation and materials to work fine.

Thanks

Most likely the Collada that the Modo plugin exports is much bigger than the native Modo file. Soon we'll be releasing a big update to the plugin - stay tuned!

For now, you can try to manually export and upload another format like FBX, and compress it into a ZIP/RAR/7z archive to save space.

(Bored Arsonist) #7

I am having this problem now as well.

@BoredArsonist Can you please send me a link to the failed upload?