Use skecthfab model as part of an add-on plane in flight simulation

Hey,

I am planning to use the exterior of a 3d model with standard license as an Add-on airplane package for flight simulator. Of course many parts of it needs to be redesigned incluiding missing cockpit, tires etc…

The installer includes a special GLTF conversion of the file.
Any thoughts, I can’t determine if I am allowed or not?

will it be an addon one has to pay for?

Hi there,

if the file will be available as downloadable this use is not permitted. License states that re-distribution of purchased model is not allowed

Yes its intended as a DLC, the point I am trying to make is that users will not download a “3d” file, its a DLC package which include this 3d exterior among coding, other modeled elements and sounds.

Hey, thanks for answer, same answer as before, its intended as a DLC, the point I am trying to make is that users will not download a “3d” file, its a DLC package which include this 3d exterior among coding files, sound, new cockpit interior (since its not included in model) etc… I believe it is a very tricky line to know what constitute “redistribution” but at the same time its allowed to be shipped as part of a video game.

just to confirm - the downloaded DLC will have the 3d file in right?

will it be standalone file within the dlc?

Hey Avic, yes the idea was a stand-alone dlc for a specific plane which includes the exterior bought from here, I however have decided to only use it temporarily as a reference for the coding part and re-do the 3d model from scratch since the quality of the mesh is sub-optimal for the project.

For future references I am still interested on what is the veredict, if a model is included in the librarie files of the DLC asset (transformed into a different format and with modified elements).

Hi it is obviously ok to use the purchased model for references.

To your another question - if the downloaded model is easily accessible to users of the DLC and can be downloaded/extracted as a standalone file it may be an issue. If the model is impossible to redistribute by users of your DLC it would be no issue however.

2 Likes