Hi, Sketchfab! A few months ago I bought all the Unreal games, and fell in love with the Unreal Tournament 2004; what a great game!
This was my inspiration to create this model, a fast vehicle with a cannon and two extensible blades.
It took me like 3 weeks, some days I worked on it for hours, spending all my free time.
It's made in Blender 3D, I also added a fly-by camera to show some details, enjoy:
(Please, Sketchfab, add cameras, it was really hard to do. I finished animating 3 AM, lol)
I want to say... once finished, with textures and rigging (wheels, cannon and blades), the model will be downloadable for FREE! It still needs some work.
I took some screenshots to share in a small community, so now I can share my progress with you, guys ^^
And this is how I did my model:
All the screenshots are from the Blender viewport (except for a few gifs), I don't know how to render because all what I model is only uploaded in Sketchfab, so sorry for no antialias.
I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I enjoyed making it. Now I have some questions:
- What do you think that would be the best way to mark seams? All the details are in 3D, the geometry is a mess.
- Something weird or missing? Something needs a rework? If you see something weird, just tell me, I'll do my best to fix it.
- Unwrapping and texturing can be done without aplying a subdivision surface? I don't want to ruin the model applying it and then finding something weird. I want to make it high poly with a two level subdivision modifier without applying it after finishing with the textures.
- My sharp edges aren't sharp after uploading the models, so I add an Edge Split modifier before sharing the model. This adds a lot of vertices. Any solution for this?
- Come on, Sketchfab, add animated cameras. Just look at this presentation, it will be one million times better with a camera rotating and translating correctly. Any chance to see it in the future? ^^
Well, that's all. And sorry for my english. Thanks for reading!
Edit: somebody needs to drive it, so after finishing it I must continue working on Mmmmmister Crow!