Viewer API getScreenshot returns blank image on iOS 14

Screenshots don’t appear to work in iOS 14 on Chrome or Safari. Tested on iPhone 8 and iPhone 11.

Reproducible here: Viewer API - Examples - Sketchfab

Anyone else run into this?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! This is a bug and we’ll take a look at it.

We have the same problem, is there any news?

No progress to report yet, sorry.

Where are we with the resolution of the problem?
We’ve been receiving reports from our iOS users for months. If the problem cannot be solved, do you recommend a way around this bug?

Apple fixed the problem with iOS 14.4, so it should only be an issue with 14.2 and 14.3

I’ve gotten around it by using different software to generate imagery for those users

On iOS 14.4 (both on iPhone and iPad) we continue to experience this problem, the problem has not been solved.
Sketchfab support turned me over to the forum page on Webkit for this issue, but there has been no response yet.

Can I ask you which scripts did you use to get around the problem?

Ah it could be that the issue has been fixed for our use case since we use transparent backgrounds vs opaque (basing this off of comment in webkit bug report, I have not actually tested).

Unfortunately my workaround was to use a script I wrote to manipulate a 2d render into looking vaguely 3D, it’d only work for our very specific use case.

Correct; this now only works with transparent backgrounds. We’re still waiting for an iOS fix.