Villain's Lair Challenge [ENDED]

This month we challenge you to create a space where evil plans are hatched and devious plots are set in motion: a villain’s lair. Think about who your villain is, where they live and/or work, and what sorts of tools, props, and other items they might have around their space. Tell us a unique story with your scene.

Full challenge announcement :point_right: Villain's Lair Challenge

Official contest rules :point_right: Sketchfab Community Blog - » OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES

11 Likes

so you think i could join?

Take a look at the eligibility requirements on the official contest rules page. If you’re eligible, you should absolutely join. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! Where do I need to submit my application to participate in the competition? Or is it not necessary? It’s just that the conditions under which the projects will be evaluated are written there and according to the presentation.

Hi, I do not understand English well, so I want to clarify. Is it enough for me to present a model with the appropriate tag to participate in the competition?

Hi there, as the chaleng page states, to enter this challenge:

During the Contest Period, upload a 3D scene of a villain’s lair (“Submission”) to Sketchfab with the hashtag #VillainsLairChallenge.

No need to submit a written application or anything else. Please be sure to read all the challenge rules as well.

1 Like

Yes, that is how to make your entry :slight_smile:

During the Contest Period, upload a 3D scene of a villain’s lair (“Submission”) to Sketchfab with the hashtag #VillainsLairChallenge.

1 Like

Sorry for my bad english.
Is it possible to pay out the cash prize in any other way than through PayPal? If not, how long can payment be deferred. For example, is it possible to receive a payment in a year?

We only offer payment and I do not think we’ll be able to defer payment - why would you need that?

Hi! I was wondering: in my scene, can I use asstes (of my own) that have alredy been made available in sketchfab (free or otherwise)?

According to the official contest rules:

Submissions must be original pieces, achieved/created by the person who submits the entry

So you cannot re-use content from other sources.

1 Like

Where can I send my application to be considered for the competition? Is it required, or is it not? The only difference is that the circumstances under which the proposals will be evaluated are written there and according to the presentation.

The answer is here:

I got confused last time about the deadline timing due to timezones and couldn’t participate for the NVIDIA challenge :frowning: !
But i would like try to win this one !!

1 Like

Hi, is there a link for that challenge deadline timer that was on Sketchfab’s front page few days earlier?

1 Like

Can anyone please tell me exactly How many hours are left for the challenge submission ?

ends at 11:59pm Eastern US Time on March 28, 2022 (03:59 GMT on March 29, 2022) (“Contest Period”).

1 Like

You can google “what it is it gmt” to get the exact time.

For example, it’s currently 11:32am, March 28, 2022 GMT.

So roughly 16 hour until the contests ends on 03:59 GMT, March 28, 2022 GMT

Countdown until Contest End

3 Likes

Done! Thank you so much

Thanks for all the entries everyone!

The challenge closed earlier this morning (EU time), judging will begin shortly and we will announce winners as soon as we can.

3 Likes