Sketchfab Forum

"visual scene group" instead of objects

(Nordskill) #1

Hello!
I have 26 objects in my scene in Cinema 4D. I'm using C4D exporter to upload the model to the site. After upload some of the objects merge together so that I cannot select them separately and cannot apply individual materials to each of them. The merged objects are named as "Collada visual scene group" in the list of objects:

Till now I couldn't understand the logic according to which some objects are merged and some —are not.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? If not, is there a way to get around this or fix this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

P.S. In Safari 8.0.6 (10600.6.3) on MacBook Pro 2012 the 3D viewport works bad — always stuck. Both on a regular page and in editing mode. It's impossible to work with the site in Safari. WebGL is enabled.

Hello,

We merge items based on unique materials, not objects as you might see them in C4D. Can you try giving each object a different material? It looks like all the merged geometries have no material assigned at all, so they are given the default one.

James

(Nordskill) #3

Ah… now I see!
That's right, I didn't have any materials in my scene at all. Thanks for the information.