25 October 2017
A couple false starts and hotfixes came with this release. Sorry for any issues you may have experienced over the past couple days, but we should be back to smooth sailing now
Many behind the scenes as well as user-facing changes have been a long time coming, but the result is better, faster, stronger Sketchfab
- Various updates to the newsfeed and suggested/related content filters
- We shipped some big performance improvements that should make the site a lot faster, especially model pages
- We've upgraded our email security to help prevent spammers from abusing our messaging domain. Please let us know if you notice any suspicious emails or any seemingly legitimate Sketchfab emails being marked as spam by your email provider.
- We now use TAA to improve shadow quality
- Added a performance warning for shadows on lights attached to the camera. Soon we will disable attached to camera by default in the lighting presets.
- Several UI fixes in the viewer and around the website
- Fixes related to compression of meshes, textures and UVs in the viewer
- An issue where annotations were dismissed unexpectedly on mobile
- An issue where Bloom behaved differently depending on background
- An issue where thumbnails were generated with the wrong background color when you had a white background and TAA was enabled
- An issue with the color selector in SSS profiles
Subscribe to this thread to receive updates: