Are you ready for Halloween? Let's add some fun to the event - we challenge you to scan a spooky Halloween decoration or scene. Pumpkins, spiders, ghosts, skeletons...the creepier and more creative, the better!
For more Halloween fun, or to find some inspiration, check out the results of our Halloween modeling contest (blogpost will be up tomorrow/Friday).
- 1st prize a $25 Amazon Voucher (or equivalent for your country) and a Sketchfab T-shirt
- 2nd prize a $25 Amazon Voucher
How do I participate?
- Scan a Halloween scene or object and upload it to Sketchfab.
- Tag your model with #halloween-scan-2015
- You may submit as many models as you like, but they must be new scans, not existing models.
- All entries have to be in by Monday morning, November 2, 10am Paris time (CEST). Winners will be announced on Tuesday, November 3rd.
Some extra tips
You don't need to have a 3D scanner to participate! You can get great results with just a digital camera or even a phone and some free software. We have a bunch of tutorials that will get you started:
- Creating 3D scans for free with Autodesk Recap360
- How to set up a successful photogrammetry project
- Styling a 3D-Scan with Sketchfab’s settings [video]
- Tweaking your scan presentation on Sketchfab
Enjoy, and have fun!!