Sketchfab Forum

Weekend Challenge: Halloween 3D Scanning

(Bart) #1

Pumpkin with halloween scene by Alex Elvis Badillo on Sketchfab

Are you ready for Halloween? Let's add some fun to the event - we challenge you to scan a spooky Halloween decoration or scene. Pumpkins, spiders, ghosts, skeletons...the creepier and more creative, the better!

For more Halloween fun, or to find some inspiration, check out the results of our Halloween modeling contest (blogpost will be up tomorrow/Friday).
Prizes:

• 1st prize a $25 Amazon Voucher (or equivalent for your country) and a Sketchfab T-shirt
  • 2nd prize a $25 Amazon Voucher

How do I participate?

• Scan a Halloween scene or object and upload it to Sketchfab.
  • Tag your model with #halloween-scan-2015
  • You may submit as many models as you like, but they must be new scans, not existing models.
  • All entries have to be in by Monday morning, November 2, 10am Paris time (CEST). Winners will be announced on Tuesday, November 3rd.

Some extra tips

You don't need to have a 3D scanner to participate! You can get great results with just a digital camera or even a phone and some free software. We have a bunch of tutorials that will get you started:

Enjoy, and have fun!!

#3DST20 - Halloween Skull by 604scans on Sketchfab

(Alban) #2

Great theme, here is my first entry! Made with trnio.

Pumpkins by alban on Sketchfab

(Abby Crawford) #3

Here's mine:

Stack of skulls by Abby Crawford on Sketchfab

(Chiaroscurosity) #4

Here's a couple of mine...

Halloween Scarecrow 2015 by chiaroscurosity on Sketchfab

Stone Sentry at the Zoo by chiaroscurosity on Sketchfab

(Bart) #5

@chiaroscurosity I've fixed your embeds - just enter their URLs on an empty line and they will expand into our viewer.

(Chiaroscurosity) #6

@bartv Thank you! I was struggling trying to figure out why they wouldn't expand.

(Bart) #7

Thanks for the entries everyone! @abbyec and I are voting for the winners now :smile: I'll announce them tomorrow.

(Bart) #8

Hey folks, here are the winners! I'll contact you both by email about your prizes.

1st prize

$25 Amazon Voucher (or equivalent for your country) and a Sketchfab T-shirt

Skull With A Brain Jack-O-Lantern by lindseykitchell

Skull With A Brain Jack-O-Lantern by lindseykitchell on Sketchfab

2nd prize

$25 Amazon Voucher

Halloween Scarecrow 2015 by chiaroscurosity

Halloween Scarecrow 2015 by chiaroscurosity on Sketchfab