Weekly General Modeling Challenge: Call for Topics

Once again we want your help thinking up a new Sketchfab Challenge theme.

1. Post your ideas for a new Challenge theme in this topic and vote with a ‘like’ on topics you’d like to see launched as a new challenge.
  2. If you like someone else’s suggestion, just leave a ‘like’ on it - this will help us tally the popularity of each idea.
  3. On Monday 2 September we’ll create a shortlist of your suggestions and open a poll on the topic
  4. You have until Sunday 8 September night to vote on this shortlist.
  5. On Monday 9 September we’ll launch a new challenge based on the winning theme.

If you have any questions or feedback, please post them here .

Featured model: Scythian Rhyton by Joshua Henderson, winning model of the last Community selected challenge!

4 Likes

Mask / Ancient Mask / Post-apocalyptic Mask

7 Likes

I think a good challenge idea is to create a model based on raising awareness for the Amazon Rainforest and everything that is happening there, anything can be done! Environments, characters (animals that inhabit the Amazon), stylised or realistic! It’s something that I feel really passionate about! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Design your own planet.

15 Likes

I think this one is good idea, or maybe designing of an island could be fun too

1 Like

Thanks. However, designing a island is okay and all, but original planets are lacking in sketchfab in my opinion, where’s islands is a common upload.

an angry birds scene ,anything so long there is at least one of the birds and a pig :wink:

1 Like

Old house :house_with_garden:

3 Likes

Cute versions of deep sea creatures (eg Angler fish, Goblin Sharks)

12 Likes

Can we have a challenge about cultures and traditions think that would be great to represent the diverse community of creators and consumers.

7 Likes

I love the idea of creating ancient buildings, like a Mayan or Babylonian temple, or any of the ancient buildings that can be found in ancient history. Or even statues!

3 Likes

-Give us a balcony and make us fill it with stuff we want there…

5 Likes

Maybe a hybrid? Anything is possible.

1 Like

Model a realistic rose

Mythological gods, goddesses
It might take a while but it would be cool :smiley:

2 Likes

Cute Robots Matt Dixon (Example)

7 Likes

Retro electronic :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Anthropomorphized home furniture. Human-like / living furniture that is.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind an urban setting, be it scifi or just modern - the last three or so challenges have all used a fantasy model.

2 Likes

Is it me or some people forget it’s a week challenge and some of us have weekend to do something :wink: