Weird map problem

textures
3d
upload

(Jii Chan) #1

So, all of my maps on this model are messed up.

It looks just fine in Maya and Unity! Any ideas?

Medium-Res by JiiChan on Sketchfab

(Simon Kratz) #2

Hi!
In the Sketchfab 3D Editor, did you check if the uv channels are correct?
Maybe Sketchfab detects more than one and it just takes the wrong one by default.

(Jii Chan) #3

Thanks for the reply! But sadly I don't think this is the solution. My model only has one UV-map, and there's no option to check the UV in the 3D Editor.

(Dark Minaz) #4

simple solution would be to enable download, download your model (set it back tot nondownload)
and check if the uv fits the texture
I assume something went wrong with the upload.
since it really does look like a missmatch of uv-texture.

edit, or simply reupload it with the one that is working (zip it again and hit reupload and it should keep all your settings)

(Jii Chan) #5

Hm, nice suggestion! But it looks just fine in Maya after downloading from Sketchfab. Weird.

(Dark Minaz) #6

hmm could you send me the file so i can have a loot at what might did mess it up? i got 2-3 ideas that might be the reason.

(Jii Chan) #7

Of course! I've sent you the file on a PM.

(Dark Minaz) #8

To be honest ... no clue
your maya file is fine, all the things that i thought might be an issue are not present
I can send you the zip i did upload for this if you like
all i did change it to obj and unpacked the psd and now it seems to work 100% fine
totally not sure why yours doesn't work. Aside from the fact that psd's won't really go well with sketchfab :smile:

Medium-res by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

(Jii Chan) #9

Woah! Sending it would be very much appreciated. Thanks for helping, let's hope it works now!

(Dark Minaz) #10

got pm, just hit upload on the sketchfab page, link it in, set to pbr and connect the materials and you got that result :smile: if it still won't work one of the admins will have to look at it :smile:

(Jii Chan) #11

It's working now! Thank you so much!

(Dark Minaz) #12

great :smile: glad i could help, although i still don't quite know why exactly it didn't work. Maybe some fbx issue or something.
Id stick to obj for things that don't have animations, 80 models so far and none had an issue.
and save out psd's to png or jpg, as you can't really use psd's in sketchfab

(Mrchlblng) #13

@JiiChan, @essimoon, @dark_minaz, this was due to a bug in our pipeline. We should ship a fix for this soon.