Welcome to Sketchfab InktoberĀ® 2019! Read this first šŸ–‹

We are taking on the InktoberĀ® challenge! Make a daily doodle in in black-and-white style in 3D and complete all 31 topics to enter a raffle.

InktoberĀ® has already shared their prompts, but weā€™ll be posting daily reminders here and on social media. Read on for details. Have fun!

Youā€™re welcome to use whatever 3D technique and workflow you prefer to create your models. If you complete all 31 of the topics by November 1, you will be entered into a raffle to win one of three $100 Amazon vouchers, 3 months of Sketchfab PRO and an InktoberĀ® 2019 T-shirt.

Rules

• Use any tool and workflow you like to create your models in black-and-white style.
  • The models can be static or animated.
  • Give your models titles and brief (max 50 words) descriptions.
  • Submit only new work (make your models downloadable if you donā€™t have enough upload credits).
  • Once youā€™ve created your models, upload them to Sketchfab, find the tag for that dayā€™s topic and add it to your model.
  • Post your model on the daily topic to help inspire other participants
  • Use the #3DInktober2019 hashtag if you want to share your entries on social media.
  • All 31 submissions must be complete by November 1st in order to be eligible for the raffle drawing (23:59 New York time ā€“ EDT)

Prizes

Artists who complete all 31 entries by November 1st will be entered into a raffle to receive one of 3:

Additionally Jake Parker will pick his favourite model for a 4th prize (same as above).

Receive the daily topic in your inbox

To receive a daily email with the new topic, subscribe to this forum, Go to the InktoberĀ® 2019 forum category page , open the subscription options and select ā€˜Watching First Postā€™:

Inktober is a registered trademark of J.P. Creative, LLC, used with permission.

2 Likes

Can we post the models during different days? For example, if I donā€™t have any idea for the ring, can I upload it tomorrow? Or during next days?

1 Like

Update: Prizes increased from 3 months of Sketchfab Pro to 1 year of Sketchfab Pro

Yep, you can upload whenever you want. Weā€™ll post daily reminders to motivate people and get them going, but you can work on them in any order you want.

6 Likes

Iā€™m interested. @bartv Do we get view-only credits to enter this?

Unfortunately, we donā€™t have the technology ready to do this at a large scale yet. For this challenge, please make your entries downloadable. For future challenges we hope to be able to award credits automatically when you enter.

3 Likes

Is it ok to upload all of the models in the same scene? I would line up them all and add a text. I just dont want to spam my front page with loads of black and white models

1 Like

Interesting idea! I have no objection - but please label the entries in your scene and do add all the right tags to your model.

1 Like

Perfect! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have adjusted the challenge rules:

• make your models downloadable

now is:

• make your models downloadable if you donā€™t have enough upload credits

Bummer, I guess I wonā€™t be participating if it has to be downloadable. I hope the sketchfab team can allow challenges to have extra credit and not have to be downloadable soon, that would be awesome for sure.

:frowning:

2 Likes

I just changed the rules so the models donā€™t have to be downloadable. We canā€™t award credits yet, but weā€™re looking for a way to do that for other challenges.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m unable to publish any more modelsā€¦ even though Iā€™m doing 3DInktober every dayā€¦
I guess I canā€™t participate?

You just need to make them downloadable

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

My collection so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey I was looking to post a model for the dragon prompt but there hasnā€™t been a thread for it added.

3 Likes

Hmm, youā€™re right - somehow it didnā€™t get published. Here you go:

1 Like

Hey! I think someone forgot to post yesterdays prompt ā€œTreasureā€!

3 Likes

Whoops, it didnā€™t get published, sorry! Here it is:

Hard but i did it!!
I conclued successfully my first month art challenge: Sketchfab Inktober 2019.
The goal was make one model per day with the suggested theme. You can see all of them in my collection in Sketchfab.
One model a dayā€¦ keeps you skill on good way :blush:.

3 Likes