With the Sketchfab animation features coming closer and closer, we're looking for some über-awesome animation content! We'll use this to test our internal prototype, but also to create new teasers for our community.
Your animation might be one of the first on Sketchfab, ever! How cool is that?
We're currently testing different animation systems:
- Solid animation (like the teaser on the link above).
- Character animation with rigs, skin and deformation.
Other systems, like camera animation, are not supported in our current version at this time.
To pitch your work, please:
- Export your model and animation to an FBX file
and upload it to your Sketchfab account. Turns out this isn't a good idea - as animation is not supported on the site yet, it may turn your model into a smoking pile of rubble. Just email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll forward it to our team.
- Create a video of it on YouTube or create an animated GIF file.
- Post your entry to this thread, include the video and a link to your Sketchfab model.
Note that the model does not need to be set as downloadable.
We'll pick the coolest ones, run them through our prototype and if we've satisfied with the result we'll post some new sneak peeks here on the forum.
Does that sound like fun? Let the animating begin!