What is the parameter's format for an orientation update?

(3diclone) #1

I'm trying to update a model's orientation with a PATCH call to /v3/models/{uid}/options. The documentation says the parameter should be 'Either a 4x4 matrix or an angle with an axis.'
But I couldn't find any information how this parameter should be formatted. I was trying to set x axis to 90 degrees with:
{"x": "90"}
but the error response was: 'Options keys orientation must contains axis and angle or matrix'
Could you please help me what the correct format for axis/angle parameters is?

[I've checked if I'm using the PATCH call right, I could change the background colour, so the call is working.]

Many thanks in advance.

I think it's
{"axis": "x","angle": 90}

@stephomi ?

Ah sorry, it needs to be a vector, like:

"axis": [1,0,0],
    "angle": 90

(3diclone) #4

Hello James,
Thanks for the really fast reply - it solved my problem, thank you!

(3diclone) #5

And I have another question (I don't know what's better: creating a new topic or changing the current's title):
I managed to set an environment for a model, but I couldn't find in the documentation how to change the background's blur and brightness parameter via the API? Is there any way to update that parameter?

Not yet, the options are pretty limited right now :confused:

We're working to add more!

(3diclone) #7

Thank you for the information. I hope these options will get their way into the API soon :slight_smile:

(Avinash Srivastava) #8

I am facing the same issue but my problem is that when i am testing this api using postman, i am getting error as "Option key Orientation is not json". Can you please share your piece of code like how you are calling this from your code. This will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

(3diclone) #9

I used this PHP code:

'orientation'=>'{"axis": [1,0,0], "angle": 90}'
'background'=>'{"color": "#ff00ff"}'
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Authorization: Token '.$TOKEN));
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $query);

(Minimoich) #10

We are doing bodyscan. But after uploading my models, instead of standing, the models are lying on the ground. :frowning:

I can use the "3D Settings" (1 time X, then 2 times Z), but I want to correct the orientation by script. So I try the API Swagger UI to give one orientation to a model, but I can't find the way to give the right orientation.

It seems that it's not possible to apply more than one time the same request "patch". I can apply one rotation, but I didn't find the way to make them stand.

You can pass a 4x4 matrix instead of an axis and angle. See: http://glmatrix.net/

"options": {
  "orientation": {
    "matrix": [1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1]

You should also pass this options object with your initial upload POST instead of making an additional PATCH request.

(Minimoich) #13

Thanks James for your fast answer.
I'm not able to use the matrix, I cannot apply a rotation. Maybe I didn't explain my problem correctly.
I don't want to set an "orientation" to my model, but a "rotation". When I upload my models, they are not standing correctly, nor face.

The orientation is used to apply a rotation. I think [-1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0 ,0, 0, 1] is what you want in this case.

Maybe @stephomi can give you a clearer description?