Where's the EXPORT for Sketchfab's Blender 2.8 plugin

blender

(Deuschanz) #1

Hi there, recently downloaded the updated 1.0.2 sketchfab plugin from here : https://github.com/sketchfab/glTF-Blender-IO/releases/tag/1.0.2 (3/13/2019)

I was just wondering where the export button is :smile:

(Waleguene) #3

Hi @deuschanz,

This plugin only allows model import, and the only exporter available is distributed with Blender but it is not available yet for Blender 2.8.
We are going to rewrite it and merge it with this new plugin, adding new features taking advantage of the new Sketchfab data API.
It’s planned for the short term but we didn’t start to work on it yet :slight_smile:

(Also, Blender 2.8 .blend files are not supported on Sketchfab yet (also planned), so the only way for now is to export into a 3d file (FBX/OBJ) and upload it manually to Sketchfab)

(Deuschanz) #4

gotcha, just got confused with the name IMPORT-EXPORT on the plugin release specifications.

I’m guessing this new SF plugin for 2.8 is going to take some time, since 2.8 hasn’t solidified what they’re going to do yet

Exactly - 2.8 is still changing too quickly for us to want to risk spending a lot of energy on it.

(Lewis2e) #6

I am cross-positing a little here… sorry… but I’ve literally just posted about my add-on for Blender. I saw this just as I was logging off.

It’s not a full exporter, but it automates the complicated process of baking in Blender to make it easy to get your models onto Sketchfab (and other software and services).