[WIP] A Toucan, Mouse and Old Man on a boat

Hi everyone! Just recently started a new project. I wanted to try to make this James C. Christiansen painting in 3D:

I’m hoping to practice a bit of everything with this one: sculpting multiple different characters, getting more familiar with ZBrush, stylized PBR, translating a still image to 3D, etc…

Here’s a screengrab of where I am at so far, finished with general blocking and ready to start bringing each of these in to ZBrush:

I’m excited to see where this project goes!

1 Like

Been a little while - still making slow progress on this while under quarantine.

I’ve started to sculpt the bird stand, boat, toucan and mouse in ZBrush, got their general shapes blocked out:

boat05_toucan_032220
boat06_mouse_032220
(Still got to do the mouse feet at some point)

We’re expecting a little one very soon, so the progress on this will likely be much slower for the time being, but I will update this as I can!

Any feedback so far?

1 Like

Been slowly making progress on the old man; with a new baby my evenings have evaporated, but I’m satisfied with how he’s turning out.

Hopefully it’s time to clean these up, sculpt details and retopo…

My very very slow march on this project continues… But I thought I would share a bit of an update with the toucan. Still a long way to go, but it’s nice to see something, and it’s been fun experimenting with different things…

Be back in two months with something else, haha

1 Like

thats one heck of a project but it does look promising so far. How does the saying go? I think it was slowly wins the race? just take your time

1 Like

You are right — better finished later than not at all, haha! :slight_smile: Cheers!