[WIP] Asylum & Dungeon - Voxel Contest [Done]

wip
voxel
contest

(Dune Holy) #1

Hello guys, this is my first contest ever. I really love voxel art and started to make my own one month ago with MagicaVoxel. I'm doing a horrid early 20's century asulym in alternative history reality. Hero just thrown away there while tried to rescue his friend (illegaly jailed there) in our real world. This model was a tribute to game i played day and night all last week - The Evil Within. Thinking about to make character more fantasy-like, but not sure about it. Anyway 50% of scene is done and painted, i'll focus on this later. Here are two pictures from start and sneak peek of already painted room:

(Dune Holy) #2

Maybe i should make second tile and connect them... (this tile is 126x3 - maximum in MagicaVoxel) Currently don't know what will be there.

(Ab Red) #3

wow that is really nice, i love how your character looks like, can you please give me a screen shoot just for the character? :blush: :

(Dune Holy) #4

Thank you! Here he is:

(Bart) #5

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Dune Holy) #6

Dead patient lying in bath...

(Dune Holy) #7

First tile is complete. I don't know how to make a textures like on contest picture, how to make emission, metal and water effect. Rendering in MagicaVoxel is awesome, but don't working here. I'll try to deal with that problems this weekend. Picture of my work:

(Dune Holy) #8

Asylum Shower Room by DuneHoly on Sketchfab

(Sliph) #9

I love the detail and contrast of colors. It's an excellent scene! Are there going to be more monsters tho?

(Fatsnail) #10

My vote for this work :smile:

(Ab Red) #11

the detail are just awesome!! especially the bodies in the bath, remains me of silent hill game :smile:

it will be more badass if you add some huge monster smashing the wall or destroying it while running to chase the main character,it's just the suggestion by watching your first WIP :grin:

(Dune Holy) #12

Thank you friend! Yep, i'm thinking about to make another tile and place there bodies suspended from ceiling and some monsters there. But i have trouble with connecting tiles in blender. Must figure out it later.

(Dune Holy) #13

Made a cultist for next scene.

Cultist by DuneHoly on Sketchfab

(Bart) #14

Nice! A quick tip: you can re-center the camera by double-clicking in your scene. It will make the navigation easier :smile:

(Dune Holy) #15

Occult dungeon scene in progress

(Distance880) #16

Love the bathroom scene. How you made voxels so creepy is a feat.

(Dune Holy) #17

Looks better now

(Dune Holy) #18

(Theteaguns) #19

This is amazing, my favorite so far!

(Dune Holy) #20

Thanks for supporting me, guys!