Sketchfab Forum

[WiP] Defender of the skies

(Luizsotero) #1

Hey there! This is my first contest here in Sketchfab, Actually I'm pretty new around here but I'd love to get myself into contests, I think it's a really good way to learn new things and explore concepts.

I don't have a Work in progress yet, I'm still working on the Idea and as I don't have a lot of time It may take me a good amount of time to actually post a work in progress. But, I've always been a huge fan of floating islands like in the movie Avatar and I'm working on the storytelling of how to create a hero using that theme.

I did some study and decided to go with MagicaVoxel for now. And I'm probably going to use some baking in an external software

(Luizsotero) #2

So I had some time today and I took about one hour to do a little prototype of the scene I'll be working on. This is not the final scene, it is just a skeleton of one idea that I'm gonna work on it to create the story I want to tell. I'm actually divided between two concepts, so I'll probably do a couple more landscapes...

I've used the biggest canvas I could with MagicaVoxel and decided to draw how I'd like the nature in my world to be displayed. In order to construct the world with the correct proportions and details I want I'll have to create a bunch of meshes here and make a composition in maya. I've already done some tests on how to get that and I'm working on getting the correct scale between objects.

(Jason Ivens) #3

Looks very cool, cant wait to see more :smile:

(Bart) #4

Hi @luizsotero!

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

Here's some useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Elbriga) #5

This is looking very cool! I hope you have time to work on it some more :smiley: