[WIP] Draenei lady

(Pear) #1

OI! first post here weeeeeeeeeee

after seeing ybourykina's draenei model on sketchfab i decided to make one. This should be fun!

im currently working on the concept. after making the leg guards and the gloves i think ill be ready to start working on the high poly :>

(Pear) #2

update on the concept! im messing around with fun shapes and then ill add smaller details

also i started polishing the anatomy , i think it looks pretty good so far ;>
im having a hard time trying to make pointy demon fingers

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #3

Beyonce anatomy :wink: I like that but you need to work on lower leg and calf .

(Han) #4

looks cool :smile: i ll be following this topic

(Dark Minaz) #5

Looks really cool so far. Guess at this point id work on the legs a bit more, but seeing that they will be covered in armor that seems like a waste of time.

Not a huge fan of the gloves so far, they kinda look to big, personally i think they would look better if they were similar to the bra, slim around the hands with some little extra at the ends.
But so far it looks like a great concept. I wonder how it will turn out in the end.

(Pear) #6

thanks for the feedback :> i made some changes to the proportions of the legs, i still need to work on the face and add fur on the hooves.

Im really happy with the result.

i think im pretty much done with the concept at this point.

@dark_minaz uh oh i made the gloves even bigger, i love these metal claws so much.
but yeah something still looks weird , the forearm armor may be too big.

oh and btw here is my moodboard. im using a neat software called refboard
http://polycount.com/discussion/134131/refboard-nifty-little-reference-viewer

(Pear) #7

im gonna start making the basemeshes for all the armor pieces :wink:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #8

Hi @pear really looks cool so far but just a quick question, what kind of class will your draenei lady be ? I could not find any backstory so far, it could help with the defining the armor maybe when you know the role she will be ( hunter, warior, rogue, etc)

Looking forward how this will turn out :wink:
Keep up the good work

(Pear) #9

sorry for the radio silence , i had to finish work for dota 2 :grimacing: back to work on this thing

@lorenzoderijcke after reading your comment i changed the design quite a bit and i decided to make something similar to the dervish armors from guild wars 1. im also gonna try to design a badass scythe :smile:

lots of stuff to do but im fairly happy with what i made so far

(Pear) #10

another update :>

im still trying to figure out what kind of armor i wanna put on the forearms.

wewps i forgot to add a picture of the back. Im also messing with different hairstyles ideas atm

(Pear) #11

finally! im about done with the high poly. This is taking forever since im working on this when i get bored of work :wink:

i also uploaded the high poly on sketchfab, dont worry i decimated it :>

Draenei lady decimated highpoly (wip) by pear on Sketchfab

(Paulchambers3d) #12

Nice to see you logging your progress here! Which software are you using? ZBrush?

And what's your retopology / low-res mesh flow? Do you use something like Topogun? Eager to see more.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on refboard - going to have to check it out!

(Pear) #13

uh oh didnt see your message, im using zbrush and blender with this addon for the retopo https://cgcookiemarkets.com/all-products/retopoflow/

(Pear) #14

started working on the texture yesterday. Im trying to improve my art style so i did some tests on this thing im really happy with the metal on the knee pads. Im not sure how im gonna texture the leather yet

ill upload it on sketchfab tommorow if im done :wink:

(Paulchambers3d) #15

Thanks!

(Pear) #16

i think im done :smiley: :smiley:

Lovely! Loved the process and the references.

(Nomadking) #18

Great to see you come back and finish this so nicely @pear. The texture work is so great that it's easy overlook the minor hoof issues :wink: