WIP Forest scene

(7718) #1

As part of my college's assignment I am taking part in this contest to design a scene that fits the provided theme.

My idea is going to be of a small clearing in a forest where a small hut resides, with a rocking chair to its side. There will also be a well closer to the tree-line with several fairies carrying a bucket or water. Furthermore a bIt deeper into the forest there will be a sleeping dragon.

As this is for a college project I am not sure if I will be able to get the lighting spot on and any feedback would be very useful to passing this unit. Thanks :slight_smile:

So after several weeks I have finally finished my scene and I am pretty happy with it, I appreciate any feedback on it.

(7718) #2

This is the first model that I have completed of a tree.

Tree
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(Stefan Lengyel) #3

Looks good but add some randomness.

(7718) #4

So I changed how the tree looks by messing with its rotation. Is it better now?

Tree Revised
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #5

So I finished my well, thoughts?

Well
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(Stefan Lengyel) #6

yep :slight_smile: looks way better. Keep up the good work!

(7718) #7

I have now finished the bucket

Bucket
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #8

Just finished the rocking chair

Rocking Chair
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(Bart) #9

I’ve just sent you instructions on how to claim your free Medieval Fantasy Cardboard viewer. Check your private messages here on the forum. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

(7718) #10

Welp, unfortunately I can't run Maya at home due to how outdated my graphics card (and laptop in general) is so it is unlikely that any more work will show up here. Thanks to those who took the time to look at my work :slight_smile:

Edit: Back at college now so more work is incoming.

(7718) #11

This is going to be the base for my fairies.

Fairy Base
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #12

The first fairy.

Fairy 1
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #13

The second fairy.

Fairy 2
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #14

The third fairy.

Fairy 3
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #15

I started combining some of my assets together to get one of the final pieces of the scene.

Bucket With Fairies
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #16

My finished hut, should i add anything inside? Like a hay bale?

Hut
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #17

Here's the dragon that I want to place in the scene.

Dragon
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #18

Whilst putting together my scene I found that my original Well idea didn't work as the ground was visible in the well, so I changed it a bit.

Well 2
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(7718) #19

My Final Scene.

Final Combined Scene
by 7718
on Sketchfab

(Jjmax30) #20

Looks like a pretty cool scene. I love how the dragon casts a shadow on the objects and fairies below. The different elements such as the barn and the well all make it look like a really detailed forest scene with clearly thought out aspects to it. Well done!