[WIP] Magical Stronghold

voxel

(Fransgameart) #1

Hi! In my scene there will be a mage defending a very powerful magical object. A dark creature will try to get it in order to dominate the world. So there will be a building with magical spells, traps etc.
Here is a picture of my WIP.

(Nomadking) #2

Nice start... you shall not pass! :wink:

(Fransgameart) #3

Thank you! :smile:

(Fransgameart) #4

I would like to create a story using animations and annotations, showing the battle between the dark creature and the wizard. :smiley:

[WIP] Magical Stronghold
by FransGameArt
on Sketchfab

so, since I'm new to animating things, I tried it out a bit. I couldn't seem to get the visibility parameter exported into Sketchfab, so I guess I will have to get around it by hiding the mesh inside the ground..? :grin: My aim is to swap different character meshes so there is one with the wizard making magic, another with the wizard surprised etc.. I still have to create traps etc... I still need to collect some more reference images.
Here is what I collected so far:

(Bart) #5

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Fransgameart) #6

[WIP] Magical Stronghold by FransGameArt on Sketchfab

(Fransgameart) #7

I've added props. I still need to create the top floor with the magical object.

(Elbriga) #8

Very nice entry! I love the stylization and the material effects, impressive!

(Fransgameart) #9

Thanks you! It's nice to hear that people like it. :smile:

(Fransgameart) #10

Now there's the top floor and tha magical object too!

I added some annotation explaining the story.
I need to finish modelling some things.. then I'll try to create the animations too.
The building is temporarily split into 2 pieces so it is possible to look inside. I plan to move it according to the battle's development.

(Fransgameart) #11

Here's the lighting. Any comments? Any advice about the scene is appreciated! :grinning:

(Elbriga) #12

Looks really good! I'd find a way to increase overall luminosity while keeping the nightly feel, but this is already great

(Fransgameart) #13

thank you! :smile:
I tried changing the lighting, hopefully now it's better.
Unfortunately I really couldn't get the result I wanted with the animations.. :cry:
I tried creating a keyframe rescaling the meshes to 0 to make them appear and disappear, but it still looks weird..

Magical Stronghold - animation test by FransGameArt on Sketchfab

I'll probably just keep the animation of the building.. :confused:

(Chaitanyak) #14

use a black cloud image or gradient(neutral).. that way your scene will stand out a bit more.. the blue is not working.. after all your fantastic work, all you need to focus on now is getting the presentation to work. see if you can find something like these.. https://www.google.co.in/search?q=black+sky+with+clouds&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1244&bih=719&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiumqL6ko7LAhVTCo4KHRrOCycQ_AUIBigB

eg:

(Fransgameart) #15

Thank you! :smile:
Here is my final submission:

Magical Stronghold by FransGameArt on Sketchfab

In the end there are no animations at all, because I wanted to keep my annotations.

(Dune Holy) #16

Very interesting scene

(Elbriga) #17

great! Lighting is way better :smile: very nice scene!

(Fransgameart) #18

Thanks everyone! :blush: