WIP - Plateau Sanctuary

(Benji Todd Artist) #1

This looks like an interesting contest and I think I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'm thinking my concept will be loosely inspired by Japanese architecture around 1000 - 1300.

Look forward to seeing all the entries!

(Benji Todd Artist) #2

Just some assets I`ve started working on for my scene. Still a lot more to do!

(Bart) #3

I’ve just sent you instructions on how to claim your free Medieval Fantasy Cardboard viewer. Check your private messages here on the forum. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

(Benji Todd Artist) #4

Thanks!

(Benji Todd Artist) #5

Finally had some time to get out some screen shots of my progress. Still sooo much to do :cold_sweat:. Keep on keepin on right?

(Chaitanyak) #6

this is looking epic!!

(Benji Todd Artist) #7

Thanks!

(Benji Todd Artist) #8

Starting to roughly block out the scene now. Still a lot of little details to do.

!

(Benji Todd Artist) #9

Had some more time to work on my scene today. Here are a few screen shots of the progress. I’ve used up nearly half my poly budget so far and I still have so much more I need / want to add. I’ll probably have to take out things at the end to stay under the 50k limit. Oh well, we’ll see how it go.

(Benji Todd Artist) #10

Just a quick update on my progress. I've modified my layout slightly trying to stay within the poly budget (still so much more that I want to add). Here are some screen shots...

(Benji Todd Artist) #11

Here is a few update renders of my current scene. I'm nearly at my max poly budget (but haven't optimized my scene quite yet) but still have a few more things (adjust colors / objects / etc.) to do before I can upload the model and assets. It's getting there though :slight_smile:!

(Lorem Ipsum) #12

Look at that! That's amazing!

(Benji Todd Artist) #13

Thank you! There so many great entries, just trying to keep up​:grinning:

(Lorem Ipsum) #14

I know, right, and you're doing great! Makes me think , when looking at all these entries, how wonderful the Mozilla world will be! All these settings from different people and different cultures, if they manage to put it all together - THAT will be impressive!

(Benji Todd Artist) #15

Here is a quick WIP update. I've finally uploaded my scene to Sketchfab for testing. Here it is so far:

Still tweaking and then on to publishing final scene and assets...so much to do!!!

Thanks!

(Benji Todd Artist) #16

Nearly finished with the scene. I still have to annotate and start the arduous task of uploading the assets. It's ganna be close :flushed:

also, I'm sitting at 49,989 tris in my scene. I guess I could of added a couple more blades of grass :grinning:

(Benji Todd Artist) #17

Well here it is. It came down to the wire, but I finished! Yay me!

Here is my published Collection. It contains over 150 assets to download and enjoy.

Midevil Fantasy Challenge - Plateau Sanctuary by BenjiToddArtist on Sketchfab

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the entries :relaxed: