[WIP] Prehistoric creatures

wip
blender

(Kyan0s) #1

Hello folks !

I don't know if it's relevant, but i'm wanted to start a little work in progress topic in which I'll post my prehistoric creatures projects (dinosaurs, pterosaurs, etc.) in progress to their final result (modeling, texturing, animation) like the followings :

And I'm starting with my new theropod project, the Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus.

(Kyan0s) #2

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Modeling :

Rigging :

Once the modeling of the base of my model is over, I've made the rigging and so here a screenshot :

And I've made a walk cycle animation that you can see in the update.

UVMapping :

High-poly Model :

I've sculpted the High-poly model and generate the normal map.

Texturing :

Texturing is over. I'll now rework the animation.

(Kyan0s) #3

Done !

(Craigastewart) #4

Stunning work, really interesting to see a bit of your workflow :slight_smile:

(Paulnicholls) #5

Just simply awesome mate :smiley:
Keep em coming! :smiley:

(Kyan0s) #6

Hello everybody !

I’m making a new dinosaur on which I want to add primitives feathers using a particles system in hair type in Blender, duplicating my feather object on the model. But when I upload my model on Sketchfab, the particles isn’t work. So I’m though that the right way to do is to convert that particles into real object. But I don’t want to add the armature and edit the vertex weight to each new generated object (the number is to important).

So, Off chance, Is there someone who know if there a way, in Blender, to convert a particle system to mesh objects, but with each new object having the same vertex weight that the emitter’s vertex which emit it ?

Thanks ! ^^)