WIP: Round Table

(Plasmaernst) #1

I’ll try to do something for the hub challenge :blush:
My Idea is to create a forgotten meeting place. I want the room to be very atmospheric, so probably less modular.

Assets:
-Fountain animated
-Roman stools
-Roundtable
-Banner animated
-…

Test scene:

(Daedal Js) #2

i like it.

(Plasmaernst) #3

Had some time to work on the textures and add some of the assets.
Re-uploaded Test-Scene.

Roman stools and some pawn:

Ivy-texture:

Fountain-blockout:

Had some problems displaying the updated Room properly in Spoke and Hubs today. That’s a bit worrisome, but I will continue non the less :slight_smile:

(Joshmarinacci) #4

I love the feel of the place. Something isn’t quite right with the ivy though. It doesn’t feel like it’s really growing on the wall. Too bright maybe? or too much of a shadow?

(Plasmaernst) #5

Ty! I agree on the ivy. I think it’s very sparse and missing stems / some connection to the wall. I aim to get some better results in the future. I’ll have to keep in mind the polycount though :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

(Nebulousflynn) #6

Love this!

Good luck for final submission tonight at midnight, EST :+1:

(Plasmaernst) #7

I think I published :slight_smile: https://skfb.ly/6D8I6
It was quite last minute :grimacing: Already spotted some things that could be improved.

I want to extract some generic walls from my scene, I am allowed to add those to the collection after the deadline?

(Plasmaernst) #8

Conceptually my goal with this scene was to create an atmospheric secret meeting place with some history to it. On the technical side I tried to optimize so it would run on weak devices.

Some screenshots from the published scene:

Sitting at table

animated fountain

fountain view

window view

added animated banner and torch

Of course time went short :slight_smile: and some things could be tweaked especially materials, maybe some maps scaled down etc.

Also I didn’t consider the limitation that only one animation can be played, so for now you have to switch between animations.

Now I have to sleep :smile:

(Rudolfs) #9

Thumbs up! Nice texture work and very clean piece.

(Tombolaso) #10

I had the exactly same problem with animations exporting .fbx

I tried to upload in Sketchfab the .blend (Blender) source file and it worked perfectly!
So if you want to upload a scene with multiple animations try to upload directly the blender/maya file :wink: