(WIP) The fellowship -> The Colossus

wip
voxel

(Jacky Bossey) #1

Hi,

That's the first time I enter a contest on Sketchfab.
I've never done any Voxel 3D before but it's awesome so I'll give it a try.

I'm gonna do a scene highly inspired by The Lord of The Ring world, simply because everytime I hear Heroic Fantasy the only thing that pop in my head is Middle Earth stuff.

Looking forward to your feedbacks.

UPDATE: I'm gonna work on MagicaVoxel for all the assets and then move to 3Ds Max for the creation of the scene.

(Ab Red) #2

goodluck with that mate, its one of my favorite movie to, and sometimes used it for reference :smiley:
but do you had a shoot of your WIP work?

(Jacky Bossey) #3

Hi,

Sorry I don't have anything yet. Since I've never done voxels before, I'm still familiarizing myself with MagicaVoxel. I'm currently doing a scene based on My Neighbor Totoro just to learn and after that I'm gonna start doing the one for the contest.

I think I'm gonna go for a Moria like scene, I love the scene on the bridge with Gandalf.
I will post stuff as soon as I have something.

(Jason Ivens) #4

Great scene chose, I can't wait to see what you come up with 😄

(Bart) #5

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Jacky Bossey) #6

I've totally changed my concept.

There is to many cave like scene and I felt like It would lost in all of those works.
So I changed for something out of Shadow of The Colossus more than Lord of the Ring.
I want the scene to be half ground half under water. I feel like it will be more interesting at the end and I'll be working with more material.

So here the first view of my WIP. For now I'm just searching for the right shapes and sizes.