Sketchfab Forum

[WIP] The Hades' realm

wip
vr
blender

(Kyan0s) #1

Hello folks !

Well, earlier I've made a mythological Low Poly scene with the god Anubis that give me the desire to create in this style a more complete scene with other gods, Hadès and Persephone.

A VR scene like one of an old work untitled "The forgotten temple".

So I thought it was a good idea to show the work in progress of this project. I hope it will interrest someone. ^^)

So here the first WIPs with the drafts of the characters :

(Kyan0s) #2

Update #01

I've added a peplos to Persephone and made a better face. I've also started the thrones of the two gods. The scene will take place in the thrones room that i've decided close to the Styx. Besides, I plan at the same time to realize charon and his boat.

The thrones will face the Styx then, and the kingdom of Hades that we will see in the background.

The visitor will face the divinities, below the thrones that will be on a pedestal. Charon, will wait behind the visitor in his boat.

(Kyan0s) #3

Update #02

I've begun to make the thrones room which will be "carved" from the rock :

(Kyan0s) #4

Update #03

(Matthijs de Rijk) #5

Hit all looks really awesome, although I don't know if will accept ancient greek and Egyptian mythology as medieval... Since these things stopped being common believe when the middle ages begin...

(Kyan0s) #6

Thanks ! but It's not an entry for the medieval fantasy contest. I've finished mine a week ago : https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/wip-blacksmiths-workshop/16302/43

It's just a stuff I make for pleasure and which i want to share the process. :wink:

By the way here is a new Update :

Update #04

(Kyan0s) #7

Update #05

I think that the Styx in my version of the Hades will be a river of energy whose many ghost will try to escape. So I think I'll make an animated version.

Therefore the charon's boat will be a flying boat.

(Matthijs de Rijk) #8

Oooh, I see, the was in suggested topics, which browsing the contest so that confused me. It looks really great :slight_smile: also your blacksmith scene does!

(Kyan0s) #9

Update #06

I've finished Persephone and Cerberus, now I'll work Hades.

(Kyan0s) #10

Update #07

Hadès :

Saw this on twitter and had to run over to come look! Looking forward to this!

(Kyan0s) #12

Thanks ! It's motivate me to continue ! :slight_smile:

(Kyan0s) #13

Update #08

Well, I've begun to make the charon's flying boat so here a WIP :

(Kyan0s) #14

Update #09

I've made Charon.Here a visual :

(Kyan0s) #15

Update #10

I though my scene was empty so I've decided to make another characters, the Hades' hoplites :

I've also started to bake the textures, which will take a while to calculate ...

(Kyan0s) #16

Update #11

A foretaste of my project with the flying boat :

(Kyan0s) #17

Update #12

The cave's textures are almost all baked, and I've started to work on the characters' animations. I've also started to work the lost souls in the Styx.

(Nomadking) #18

Looks great so far!

(Kyan0s) #19

Thank you ! :smiley:

(Justin Griffis) #20

Wow this is brilliant, very inspiring! Thanks for sharing some of your process. :smiley: