Working title: "Man-who-saves-world-from-destruction"

magicavoxel

(Vincentthestud) #1

No idea what i'm gonna actually make for the contest, but at least i better get started. I downloaded Magica Voxel about a month ago (i think) and i've been messing around with it. Some friends and i even created a really simple game using the voxel art (not working yet). I started working on at least some assets that i'll be able to use no matter what scene i end up making.

Voxel Dude by VincentScalia on Sketchfab

Floortile by VincentScalia on Sketchfab

And there are more coming later when i get home tonight!!! :smile: have fun with the contest everyone!

(Vincentthestud) #2

Update. a friend and i have decided that the name of the man is Simon.

(Bart) #3

Hey Vincent! Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Vincentthestud) #4

Thanks @bartv, i've always wanted to have that little pro tag that says im cool!

Update.

a wolf, and a candle. slowly slowly im getting used to using voxels. now i just gotta think of what story to do with a diorama. :smile:

Voxel Wolf by VincentScalia on Sketchfab

Candle by VincentScalia on Sketchfab

(Vincentthestud) #5

Update: The scale of the model was too large! my scene would've had to been enormous and Magica only supports a max size of 126 voxels^3. I made the hero into an big statue. Now i can't figure out how to merge multiple magica files. like ctrl+c, ctrl+v across files. :confused: Oh well. heres the statues sofar:

Voxel Argonath by VincentScalia on Sketchfab

(Warrenfrancis) #6

It won't let you bypass the size limit, but you can bring your models into another scene using the pattern brush. Click the word "Pattern" in the top right, and choose the model you want to bring in. Then in the brush choices, click the letter P. Good luck!

(Vincentthestud) #7

Oh, wow thanks! i'll have to use this feature!

(Elbriga) #8

Your assets look really great! Can't wait to see the final scene :smile: