**what you like or don't like with PBR**
What I like about PBR is a nearly non-exhaustive list. I like how it simply looks more realistic "out of the box", it's easy to work with and you have to worry a lot less about the environment you use your materials in.
If I can come up with something I don't like I will edit my post, at the moment I can't think of anything.
**how it changed your work**
It made it more fun and less tedious. I love looking at even simple PBR materials (especially metallic).
PBR took away the need to adjust the materials greatly when putting the same model in two different environments.
It also changed how I understood how certain materials actually work in the real world, which is a nice bonus.
**how and why did you learn to texture for PBR**
- Because it looks beautiful
- Because Substance Designer was on Steam Sale
- Because leading Game Engines now support it (it's the next industry standard)
- previous experience with "legacy" materials adapted to PBR
- "Allegorithmic PBR Guide"
- Allegorithmic forums and Substance Designer's builtin materials (you open a cool looking material or effect and you can learn how it's done)
**what software you use**
- Substance Designer & Painter
- Photoshop / Sketchbook Pro
- (Unreal Engine 4 , Unity3D 4 (no PBR yet )
**what is your workflow**
- definitely Substance Designer. I don't work for allegorithmic but I am absolutely a fan of their products, their support and how it changed my workflow into modular, parametric texturing.
(Maya [Model + UV] -> Substance Designer [Bakes & Base Materials] -> Substance Painter [Fixing Seams and doing details] -> Export)
**what kind of maps do you use (albedo or diffuse or other? specular or metalness?) and how you create them**
- I use the Metallic Workflow (Albedo - Metalness - Roughness , Normal , Glow)
- I create them either in Photoshop if it's a simple / quick texture or Substance Designer if I want to play around and see direct results
**what are your favorite resources for environments and materials**
**how do you call non PBR shading? (adhoc? default? classic? other?)**
**anything else you'd like to share about PBR, including showing your artwork smile**
I can't wait till Unity3D and Sketchfab support it! w Go Go Go, Sketchfab!